January is School Board Recognition Month, and Italy ISD takes this opportunity to thank our local leaders for devoting their time to support public education and serve our district.
Even though we make a special effort in January to show our appreciation, our board members commitment is year-round. They give time and effort to ensure that decisions directly affecting our schools are made by representatives of this community, people who are close to our schools and know our teachers, parents, and students. In these challenging times, they face difficult choices and shoulder critical responsibilities, but their ultimate goal is always focused on the future success of the students in our district.
Listing only some of the accomplishments and major achievements accomplished recently under the board’s leadership include:
- Renovation and remodel of athletic facilities
- College readiness program
- Security entrances, increased cameras, classroom emergency management guides
- Increased emphasis on career and technology program
- Teacher incentive pay
- Electronic energy management
- Renovation and remodel of cafeterias
- Partnership with TexServe for technology service
- District needs assessment
- District policy review
- Addition of school nurse
- Shared services for special education
- District wide curriculum
The board members serving Italy ISD are:
Our district benefits from the contributions of the dedicated efforts of these local citizens who truly care about kids.